Friday, December 24, 2010

2010 In Review

I'ts nearly the end of 2010. It's been a good year despite the many disappointing incidents that dotted it. Here comes another year and I hope there is a bend in the road as Anne of Green Gables would say which brings wonderful surprises along. This post is for summing up the current year with the best of everything and the books read throughout the year. I've managed to read about 12 books and many were new authors for me. Some of the books have been absolute gems and I've discovered that I'm particularly fond of multicultural and historical fiction. Though I have yet to dig deep into many books in theses categories , I've done a little bit of dabbling into multicultural books set in India, China, Japan and also the Middle East. It has been fun. 

Books read in 2010: 
  • Midnight's children by Salman Rushdie
  • The last empress by Anchee Min
  • Cleopatra's daughter by Michelle Moran (a must read!!! )
  • Mirage by Soheir Khashoggi (exotic read !)
  • Dead head by Allen Wyler
  • Chasing eden by S.L.Linnea
  • First darling of the morning by Thrity Umrigar (a must read !!!)
  • Opposite of love by Julie Buxbaum
  • Midori by moonlight by Wendy Tokunaga (a must read !!!)
  • Love in Translation by Wendy Tokunaga (great story !)
  • Memoirs of a geisha by Arthur Golden
  • House rules by Jodi Picoult
Favourite Bookshop: Bookxcess. I started my blog with a grumbling that books are not cheap here and its frustrating for a bool lover like me to read more.Then came Bookxcess (Amcorp mall, KL), selling books at a great bargain which saved all book lovers here. Cheers to Bookxcess!

To my fellow bloggers, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Waiting For Columbus and The Book Thief are the kind of books that stay with your for a while.

    I see you have Midnight's Children on here. I am planning on reading it soon because it looks really, really good :)

    ReplyDelete