Saturday, May 21, 2011

Book blogger hop- 20/5-23/5

Book Blogger Hop


Welcome to another week of book hop. Book blogger hop is hosted by Jennifer at crazy-for-books. It has been ages since I joined the book hop. I missed discovering new blogs and the chance to mingle with other great bloggers out there.I cant pass up this week's question though. This week's question is from Ivan who blogs at Ivan Bookworm:

 "If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?"

My answer: I would love to spend a day in harry potter world, being a witch, learning transfiguration and going for quidditch match. Plus doing all those awesome things that Harry, Hermione and Ron do. I would not wish to go for potions though, =) for obvious reason, as I would definitely be in Griffindor and I'm very sure that Snape would not pass up the chance to torture the Griffindors during his classes.  Other reasons why Harry Potter is my choice is because of the magical school Hogwarts, its moving staircases, talking portraits, spells, wands, and platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross station. Who would pass up such a chance?

But if I could not be a witch and have to sadly remain a muggle, I'd go for Prince Edward Island, a place from the book Anne of Green Gables. Nothing beats Anne's adventure and imagination. I would love to take a walk on a lane of cherry blossoms and dreaming by the pond, giving them splendid sounding names and doing all those crazy things that would make Marilla roll her eyes. It would be fantastic to let my imagination take a wild ride just like Anne, and to grow up with all those lovely people in the Anne's story. 

What about you? Which is your favourite fictional place and where would that be?

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, good choice. Harry Potter world would be at the top of my list too. Not sure if it would be my #1 though. Just hopping through. Great site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-I found your blog via the book blog hop-I am not terribly far from you-in the Manila area-we have read some of the same authors so I have decided to follow you-I look forward to your future posts-I have posted on Malaysian short stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both great places, and yeah, Hogwarts would be a pretty magical place to visit.

    ReplyDelete