Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Musings: Part 1- Combating sadness

Hi there book lovers. It has been a long while since my last post. I wrote this post when I was down and out, which was a long while ago and completed it yesterday.  I was thinking about what should I do to banish the dark gloomy feeling of sadness. I'm very sure all of you would say curling up with a book helps to forget and fight sadness. That's what I normally do. What are other creative ways to combat sadness? Here are my own solutions to SOS (shaking off sadness).


1. Read motivational blogs or books.                                                          
2. Go shopping (retail therapy)
3. Go out with friends
4. Listen to  favourite music (Oh this really helps, see post on music heals the soul)
5. Sing out loud
6. Get a listening ear, literally, which means pour it all out on a unsuspecting good friend (helps a lot too) =)
7. Write  a journal (gets it off the chest and when you flip the page long after that, you'd be surprised at how far you've come)
8. Think about the cause and effects till it wears you down (Some say you ought not keep thinking about what makes you sad, I say its not up to you, your brain does that, so just allow yourself to wallow for a while).
9. Cry your heart out.
10. Sleep early and get up stronger physically and mentally.

So when you are down and out, just do one of the above or better still write your own fighting sadness list and tick it off daily till you are feeling happy as a lark. Have a great day everybody.

Quote: Life will bring you pain all by itself. Your responsibility is to create joy-Milton Erickson

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment